Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Teeth with "Wisdom"

Last week, around this time, I was laying in a chair..with shining bright lights (papparazi, hehe) , surrounded by people in white capes (SUPERMAN jk) and sick masks that made me appear to have some disease(which I DO NOT) lol. Fun stuff you know? Lol. Jkjk, i can barely recall what happened since I was 'under'. All I remember is they took a pint, maybe less than a pint of blood in my right arm. ANd then they put a clip on my left pointer finger. The oral surgen put some sort of sleepy stuff in me. iThink its called laughing gas? haha, except you don't laugh when you are under. LOL *chuckles*. Anywhos, the whole shaaaabam is OVER WITH! >:D Yipeee Thank GOD! =D Today, I went back to OMS (Oral..M...Surgern?) to check up because iThought I had dry socket(s). ANd of course I'm correct, since when am I not? hehe. But yeah, it sucked. (Not literally) They swabbed this nasty NASTY, i repeat, in case you didn't get it NAAAAAASTY!!!! (nasty) CRAP somewhere behind my sore gums to put in a gauze? The gauze is supposed to help prevent food particles from interfering with the healing process. I think? haha. I apologize for my 'knowledge' on this subject. So lets get to the the main point of this whole blog.. just to let you fellas know what its like to get wisdom teeth taken out. Of course you will not really understand unless you yourself experience it. And everyone's experiences are always different so expect the worse. :P Not really, just you know be glad if you DON'T have to have them taken out!
Night before: Don't eat anything after 12am. Cuz, keep in mind you are going to be going through surgery. SO, don't want to be puking crap up everywhere while you're in the process.. Ew! that's a disturbing thought. Moving on=>
Ignition: Start the car, pick up foooood from Food4Less(soft foods-cottage cheese & pudding:)
Process: Get there! And check in. Wait patiently for the nurse to call your name.
Enter the room of DOOM. Sit in that cold chair where EVERYONE else has sat once upon their lifetime. Listen to the nurse..do whatever she tells you. She took some blood outta me! VAMPIRE! JK. Got a lil pinch which I tried to avert my eyes & succeedded. haha, i still remember my mom's face when that happened. xD She seemed more disgusted than I was. Funny right?
A couple of seconds tick by. Maybe minutes..
DENTIST walks in and tries to crack a joke something along the lines of:
"Are you excited to get your wisdom teeth taken out?" *chuckles a creepy laugh/smile:)*
ME: Nervously, "haha, sure?."
I can't recall if thats what I said. Wow, that 'laughing gas' really makes you feel old.
But the last part that I do remember is getting the laughing gas put in my arm and my mom walking out of the room.
When I woke up? I could only feel numbness..my whole mouth was completely numbed. I'm like argh. I was sitting not in the same room getting goosebumps all over my arms. Some few moments later, I was wheeled off in a wheelchair to my mom's red van. Lol. It was great! I mean I didn't have to drive! hah.
Then we arrive at the house. I like pass out on the bed throbbing a little. And that's basically it.
I was prescribed three pills:
1. Swelling => MY CHEEKS WERE PUFFY. The right one was bigger than the left! haha Dx
2. Antibiotic => something that prevents bacteria from forming.
3. Pain Killer! =>That stuff is intense mann!!! Sooo drowsy afterwards.
My mom only picked up the antibiotic because she assumed that since John wasn't prescribed the others, I didn't need them either. But she ended up getting the rest of the pills for me after Day 2. The pain was killin' me.!!! D:< I took ibuprofen, but I guess its not strong enough. Its okay now though. :)

Well, off to work. SO keep you updated later gators~

No comments:

Post a Comment