Monday, December 14, 2009
Desires of Things=useful or useless?
I'm in bed supposed to be sleeping. I really should but I just wanted to write a blog since I haven't written one in soo long! I'm using my itouch. it's fustrating because these keys ae so tiny. Are my fingers that big? I'm starting to wonder if I should let my cousin buy the sgh 480. Its a touch phone that looks pretty cool but obviously looks aren't everything. Take this iPod for example, before i got it I thought it was soo awesome based on it's looks. I sometimes feel that I deserve a new phone right now. Not that anything is wrong with the phone I'm currently using. Just the thought of getting something beTter than what I have now is always exciting. You know? This past week has been filled with an excitement in the air yet a stressful time with teachers trying to get tests and projects and all that stuff in before the christmas break or as they put it nowadays winter break. I am so ready for Christmas break you don't even understand. Unless you are me. I don't get how some people can go to school all year round, I would probably die not literally of course. So the main reason why I'm still up writing at one AM Is the desires of human beings. I don't understand why God made us to just work and buy stuff to fulfill that desires of ours. Even when it may look appealing at that moment, but wouldn't benefit us in any way in the future as in 30 years from now? There's this one poster that you can think about: thirty years from now it doesn't matter what jeans you wore, what hairstyle you had or what clothes you are wearing. That is definitely a true statement. So are we made to honor ourselves and fill us with possesions that we won't be taking with us when we must either go to heaven or hell? Why do some people spend $300 for a Chanel hand bags or coach sunglasses? Sure they may look cool now but it definitely won't last forever. One day the color of that piece of garment will fade or the fabric may tear. It's not just the clothing this also goes for electronic devices. Cell phones and iPods...people try to get the best of it all including me! Not trying to be a hyprocrite but Im curious about materials and what their purpose on earth is besides making our life easier. What do you think about this topic? Comment and let me know! :) thanks for reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
During the holiday season many of us including myself are drawn into the media hype of a commercialize Christmas and we sometimes forget the genuine spirite of Christmas which is to enjoy the company of your family. Instead we strive for the latest gadget or the next big accessory. Ask yourself, "Is it a need or a want?"
ReplyDelete