Thursday, October 18, 2012

College Life

Life of a College Stud ;) So, I didn't realize how much I'd like college, especially Drury and the people in it! I feel like I've changed SO much since college has started... Things that changed for me: 1) I am more outgoing.
2) Thus, I have more friends.
3) Thus, I have more confidence in myself.
4) Thus, I am not as scared to participate in class.
5) Thus, I am more motivated to learn..
6) I even make it to school on time! I feel like a brand new person!
& I know the answer why: God did something amazing in my life that really changed me spiritually this summer... I finally got baptized in the Holy Spirit and that has definitely given me more confidence in Him & myself. Because of this experience, I am now able to trust and depend on God much more than ever before. I am so grateful for Him working in my life because I can remember since I first went to church camp and saw Abby being baptized in the Holy Ghost, I wanted to experience what she did and was more curious to know what God can do in my life. I am so thankful for this experience. After that, life has become a lot 'easier' in a sense... At school, it's still challenging, but I am actually able to contribute to the class and pay attention 99% of the time. At work, I don't get mad at people as much as I had in the past...I would try to love everyone by being understanding of why they act the way the do. At home, I try not to get flustered by my dad's religious views..I am just focused on controlling my own behavior and being a loving daughter. So what I'm saying is that God, working in my life, has affected me in all aspects of my life for the better. Without him, I would not be the person I am today. I would not be as loving as I am..although I could still work on that. I would not have approached the people I had like Ming, by talking about God because I wouldn't have had confidence in myself and the desire to share about God and inviting him to my church... God always knows how to change our messed up lives for the better. As long as we trust in Him, we can do anything. For God is our strength in our times of trouble!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are happy and things are going well for you at Drury!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you are happy and things are going well for you at Drury!

    ReplyDelete