Friday, December 10, 2010

EGO

EGO=Edging God Out.
Definition of EGO: Selfish; don't think of others.
This is hard to avoid.. sometimes.
When I do something good and someone praises me, I usually just accept it. But, I need to learn to acknowledge it was God or it was __fill in the blank__. I have to learn that I can't take all the credit. I usually do acknowledge people for whatever they contributed. But, then in my mind, there are those times where I think highly of myself. Many times I feel like I'm in my own little world. I pretend that there is nothign wrong in my world. That there aren't poor people. Or that they will get their needs met somehow. The war going on, I am practically oblivious of everything going on around me. I don't know what happens on the news..whether fires are burnign, or kids getting shot. Because I don't watch the news. Even when yahoo/msn messenger presents me with a strip of the news, I don't click it. I just concentrate on hw, piano, eating, and filling my happiness. It seems as if I dont' care about anything. Okay so maybe I don't. Its not that I don't want to, I rarely take the time to think about it..then go into action in changing it. The thoughts that might run thruogh my head are I can't do anything. I'm weak. I won't be able to change the world even if I tried..
But the truth is I can. The only reason why I can't is because I think I can't. I know that I can make a difference. To serve others. I joined clubs that serve. Like Key Club, The one time I felt accomplished, was at the Toy Distribution. I helped families (poor) pick out presents for their kids. It was tedious but I definitely felt good afterwards. I hope this year we do something like that again. (: Or maybe serve food. I dont' know but I know that Service is a good thing. God made us to serve others, not only ourselves. To give up the selfish of yourself is the only way to create treasure in Heaven. Its always better to store up treasure in Heaven than on Earth where rust, and moths can ruin them and thieves can steal them. I want to serve others.
This leads me to think about the season of giving. I am so excited about giving those presents to everyone. I hope to go Christmas shopping and get everyone at least a little something. :) I love seeing people's faces light up when they open their gift. I am so happy I finally understand the true meaning of giving. WHen I was younger, I always thought recieving presents was the best thing. Because you are surprised and you don't have to spend moeny to get it. its FREE.!! but now I realize that its not all about money. You can't take money with you when you die. Why not bless someone else and show them God's love for everyone? Its amazing to feel his love. I want to spread it..but I have not been baptized through the Holy Spirit.. This is a goal I have had since kids camp. I felt like I was going to on Wednesday..but I didn't let myself. I know that if I had let myself just pray outloud and stop being self concious of myself it would have.
The only gift I want this year is to be baptized in the HOly Spirit. And I pray that everyone else wants this too. I can't imagine how much my life would be different. This year has been a great year and all but I know there is something out there bigger.. I am ready for it I think. :)
Thank you Lord Jesus for your Love. Thank you for being my best friend. Thank you for the temptations that bring me closer to you. Thank you for understanding me and being by my side. Thank you for not ditching me for another. Thank you for entering my heart. Thank you for the beautiful YOU! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment