Thursday, December 2, 2010

HOPE Church

I've ALWAYS wanted to go to a Wednesday Night Church service somewhere other than our church.
Hopeful. Happy.
Open-minded
People. Public.
Energetic.
Church is PERFECT for ME!
It has AMAZING & UPLIFITING MUSIC! I love how you can worship and not feel judged. I love how people are so INTO the lyrics. There's some dancing. A majority lift their hands up high. And, you just feel welcomed! I love the way the Pastor relates to me. And he knows what he is talking about. He is funny at times even though he doesn't mean to. I love it! :D
I'm really thankful that Darla and Phil invited me to go. :) So there was a purpose for that one bad day at their house..
I HOPE to go every single Wednesday Night that HOPE has service!
I want to learn a lot from them and be able to apply HIS WORD to my LiFE.
I'd really like to share what they do at their church to our church.
That'd be sweeT ACTiON! FO'SHO! >:D
The main message I learned yesterday is:
It doesn't matter who you are, where you're from, you will be used by God.
Even if you are the weakest person and have no experienced.
Because JUSt as Jesus was able to tame the unridden little donkey,
He will be able to tame and ride on us. So that He will be in control. LiKE he SHOULD be already. =D
This related to my ENglish class because we were reading something about tradition. There was a group of English villages which kept the tradition of stoning people (sacrificing them which will lead to good harvest). After I read it, I'm like wtf? But, they like to keep tradition..and the Pastor at HOPE was saying, We need to be set Loose, not hold onto Mama. Don't keep tradition of being tied on. And I was like..wow. I get it.
And it also relates to Spanish. I had to show and tell EN ESPANOL in front of my classmates about a sport. The sport I chose was Salsa club. Lol. I was kinda nervous about it and prepared the best I could before Service. ANd the Pastor, told his own personal experience which was that when he was in high school/colllege, he could not even peep a word out..basically scared to talk. (like me) I was in awe of how God used his weakness and made him STRONG today. It gave me a lot more faith to here about his Experience. I felt really happy last night because I could see FINALLY. My eyes were suddenly OPENED to who and what God is all about. It makes me want to LOVE him even more. For not choosing naturally brilliant people, instead the weakest to rise and be STRONG to GlORIFY HIM! <3 & on top of that, it was MOUSEY'S birthday! I'm really glad we got to chill! It felt like our first time chilling in a Church. haaha. But, yes indeed It was Chill yesterday! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment